I. Standard business terms
§ 1 Basic provisions
(1) The following business terms are applicable to all the contracts, which you conclude with us as a supplier (ALBL Oberammergau GbR) via the www.albl-oberammergau.com website. Unless otherwise agreed upon, the inclusion, if necessary, of your own conditions is ruled out.
(2) A ‘consumer’ in the sense of the following regulations is every natural person who concludes a legal transaction which, to an overwhelming extent, cannot be attributed to either his commercial or independent professional activities. The term ‘businessman’ refers to every natural person, legal person or legally responsible partnership that concludes a legal transaction in pursuance of his/its independent professional or commercial activity.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The subject-matter of the contract is the selling of products.
(2) We sell the product under our own name on behalf of others, i.e. for an external party that owns the product in question. In this regard, we play the role of a partial or total commission agent. In spite of that, we are a contractual partner who enjoys all the respective rights and is subject to all the respective responsibilities.
(3) On placing the product in question on our website, we provide you with a binding offer to conclude a sales agreement subject to the conditions specified in the item description.
(4) The purchase agreement takes place via the online shopping cart system as follows: The products intended for purchase are moved to the “shopping cart”. You can select the shopping cart using the appropriate buttons on the navigation bar and make changes there at any time. After calling up the “Checkout” page and entering the required personal data and payment and shipping conditions, all order information is then displayed again on the order summary page. If you used an instant payment system (e.g. PayPal / PayPal Express) to receive payments, you will either be guided to our online shop on the order summary page or forwarded to the web page of the instant payment provider. If you are forwarded to the instant payment system, choose and enter your details as appropriate. You will then be returned to the order summary page in our online shop. Before the order is sent, you can re-check all the data, change it (which can also be done via the internet browser’s ‘back’ function) or cancel the purchase transaction. By clicking the “purchase” button to submit the order, you declare acceptance of the order in a legally binding way by which the purchase agreement takes place.
(5) You are not bound by your enquiries regarding the creation of an offer that have been conveyed to us. We supply you with a textual and binding offer (e.g. via e-mail), which you can accept within a period of 5 days.
(6) The execution of the order and the sending of all the details necessitated by the conclusion of the contract take place via e-mail, in a partially-automated manner. Consequently, you have to ensure that the e-mail address that you have deposited with us is the correct one, and that the receipt of the respective e-mails is guaranteed. In particular, you have to ensure that the respective e-mails are not blocked by a SPAM filter.
§ 3 Special agreements related to the offered payment methods
(1) SEPA debit note (base and/or corporate debit note): If payment is to be made via an SEPA base debit note or an SEPA corporate debit note, you authorise us to collect the billing amount from the specified account by issuing a corresponding SEPA mandate. The debit note is collected within a period of 1-10 days after the conclusion of the contract. The deadline for the sending of the pre-notification has been shortened to 5 days before the due date. You are obligated to ensure that the account in question possesses sufficient covering funds on the due date. If a return debit note comes into play on account of a situation in which you defaulted on your obligation, you have to pay the incidental bank charge.
§ 4 Right of retention, reservation of proprietary rights
(1) You can only exercise a right of retention if the situation in question involves claims arising from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods remain our property until the purchase price is paid in full.
(3) If you are a businessman, the following conditions also apply:
a) We retain ownership of the goods until all the claims arising from the ongoing business relationship have been settled in full. The goods subject to retention of title may not be pledged or transferred by way of security before ownership of the said goods changes hands.
b) You can re-sell the goods within the framework of an orderly transaction. In this regard, you hereby cede all the claims amounting to the magnitude of the billing amount that accrue to you as a result of the re-selling operation to us, and we accept the cession. Furthermore, you are authorised to collect the claim in question. However, insofar as you do not discharge your payment obligations in an orderly fashion, we reserve the right to collect the claim ourselves.
c) In a situation involving the combination and amalgamation of the goods subject to retention of title, we acquire co-ownership of the newly-formed item. This co-ownership corresponds to the ratio that exists between the invoice value of the goods subject to retention of title and the other processed items at the time of processing.
d) If you make a request of this nature, we shall be obligated to release the securities that are due to us, to the extent that the realisable value of our securities exceeds the claim to be secured by more than 10%. We are responsible for selecting the securities to be released.
§ 5 Warranty
(1) The statutory warranty rights are applicable.
(2) Despite the contents of the corresponding legal regulation, the warranty period for second-hand items amounts to a period of one year after delivery of the goods in question. The one-year warranty period does not apply in situations involving culpably caused damages that can be attributed to the supplier and which are associated with loss of life, injuries or health-related damages. Furthermore, it does not apply in situations involving damages suffered as a result of gross negligence or malicious intent, or in situations involving deceit on the part of the supplier or contribution claims as per §§ 478 and 479 of the BGB (German Civil Code).
(3) If you are a businessman, the following shall apply, despite the contents of paragraph 1:
a) It is understood that the details provided by us and the product description provided by the manufacturer are the only things that represent the properties and condition of the product in question. Other advertisements, blurbs and statements issued by the manufacturer are not considered to be representative of the properties and condition of the said product.
b) You undertake to promptly examine the goods and pay necessary attention to quality and quantity variances and to notify us in writing (via E-mail, for example) of apparent defects within seven days of receipt; timely dispatch will be sufficient for observing the deadline. This also applies to hidden defects that are detected at a later stage (from the time of discovery onwards). Warranty claims cannot be raised if the obligation to inspect and the obligation to give notice of defects are not fulfilled.
c) In case of defects, we provide guarantee through repair or replacement at our own discretion. If the defect is not removed, you can demand a reduction in the price or withdraw from the contract at your discretion. The defect removal is applicable after a failed second attempt, unless the circumstances prove otherwise, in particular due to the nature of the object and/or defect or other conditions. In case of repair, we must not bear the additional costs, which arise from the transfer of the item to a place other than the place of fulfilment, as far as the transfer does not correspond to the intended use of the item.
d) The warranty period amounts to a period of one year after delivery of the product. The shortened warranty period does not apply in situations involving culpably caused damages that can be attributed to us and which are associated with loss of life, injuries or health-related damages. Furthermore, it does not apply in situations involving damages suffered as a result of gross negligence or malicious intent, or in situations involving deceit or contribution claims as per §§ 478 and 479 of the BGB (German Civil Code).
§ 6 Liability
(1) We also provide unlimited liability for damage caused due to the violation of life, limb or health. Furthermore, we provide liability without limitation in all cases of intent and gross negligence, if a defect is fraudulently concealed, in case of assumption of guarantee for the procurement of the object of purchase and in all other legally regulated cases.
(2) The liability of defects within the scope of the implied warranty complies with the corresponding regulation in our customer information (Part II) and General Terms and Conditions (Part I).
(3) If the situation in question relates to important contractual obligations and involves minor negligence, our liability is limited to the foreseeable damages that are typical for the contract. The term ‘important contractual obligations’ refers to important obligations that follow from the nature of the contract and whose violation would jeopardise the fulfillment of the purpose of the contract. It also covers obligations that the contents of the contract impose on us in order to facilitate the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract and whose fulfilment makes it possible for the contract to be executed in an orderly manner, and compliance with which may regularly be taken for granted by you.
(4) When it comes to the violation of inessential contractual obligations, no liability shall be assumed if the situation in question involves violations of obligations associated with light negligence.
(5) The current state of the respective technology makes it impossible to guarantee that data transmission operations that use the internet will take place in an error-free manner characterised by permanent availability. In this respect, we cannot vouch for the constant and uninterrupted availability of the website and the service offered on the website.
§ 7 Choice of law
(1) German law shall apply. This choice of law only applies to customers if it does not result in the revocation of the protection guaranteed by the mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which the respective customer’s usual place of residence is located (benefit-of-the-doubt principle).
(2) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods are explicitly inapplicable.
§ 8 Revocation right for consumers
(A ‘consumer’ is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction which, to an overwhelming extent, cannot be attributed to either his commercial or independent professional activities.)
Instructions for revocation
(1) Revocation right
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without specifying any reasons. The revocation period is fourteen days with effect from the day,
– on which you or a third party nominated by you, which is not the carrier, had taken possession of the products, provided you had ordered one or more products within the scope of a standard order and this/these product/products is/are delivered uniformly;
– on which you or a third party nominated by you, which is not the carrier, had taken possession of the last product, provided you had ordered several products within the scope of a standard order and these products are delivered separately;
– on which you or a third party nominated by you, which is not the carrier, had taken possession of the last part delivery or the last unit, provided you had ordered a product, which is delivered in several part deliveries or units;
In order to exercise your revocation right, you must inform us (ALBL Oberammergau GbR, Verlegergasse 12, 82487 Oberammergau, Telephone number: +49 (0)8822.945185, Fax number: +49 (0)8822.1507, E-Mail address: email@example.com) of your decision to revoke this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent via post, fax or email). You can use the enclosed specimen revocation form for this, which however is not mandatory. In order to safeguard the revocation period, it is sufficient that you send the notification about the exercise of the revocation right before the expiry of the revocation period.
(2) Consequences of the revocation
If you revoke this contract, we shall repay all the payments, which we received from you, including the delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs, which arise from that fact that you selected a form of delivery other than the most reasonable standard delivery offered by us), immediately and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification about the revocation of this contract from you. We use the same means of payment, which you had originally used during the original transaction, for this repayment unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; you will not be charged any fees owing to this repayment. We can refuse the repayment until the products are returned to us or until you have furnished evidence that you have sent the products back to us, depending on whichever is earlier. You must return or transfer the products to us immediately and, in any case, at the latest within fourteen days with effect from the day on which you inform us of the revocation of this contract. The deadline is maintained if you send the products before the expiry of the fourteen-day deadline. You bear the direct costs for returning the products. You must pay for any depreciation of the products only if this depreciation can be attributed to any handling with you that was not necessary for checking the condition, features and functionality of the products.
(3) Criteria for exclusion or expiry
The revocation right is not available for contracts for delivery of products, which are not prefabricated and for whose manufacturing an individual selection or stipulation by the consumer is important or which are clearly tailored to the personal requirements of the consumer.
(4) Specimen – revocation form
(If you wish to revoke the contract, please fill up this form and send it back to us.)
– To ALBL Oberammergau GbR, Verlegergasse 12, 82487 Oberammergau, Fax number: +49 (0)8822.1507, Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
– I/we (*) herewith revoke the contract concluded by me/ us (*) regarding the purchase of the following products (*)/ the provision of the following service (*)
– Ordered on (*)/ received on (*)
– Name of the consumer(s)
– Address of the consumer(s)
– Signature of the consumer(s) (only in case of a notification on paper)
(*) Cross out the incorrect option.
II. Customer information
1. Identity of the seller
ALBL Oberammergau GbR
Telephone: +49 8822 945185
Alternative dispute resolution:
The European Commission provides a platform for the out-of-court resolution of disputes (ODR platform), which can be viewed under http://ec.europa.eu/odr. This is for European Citizens only.
2. Information regarding the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps associated with the conclusion of the contract, the contract conclusion itself and the correction options are executed in accordance to the regulations “conclusion of the contract” in our standard business terms (part I.).
2. Information regarding the conclusion of the contract
3.1 Contract language shall be English.
3.2 The complete text of the contract is not saved with us. Before the order is sent, via the online – shopping cart system the contract data can be printed out or electronically saved using the browser’s print function. After the order is received by us, the order data, the legally-mandated details related to distance selling contracts and the standard business terms are re-sent to you via e-mail.
3.3 You will be sent all contractual information within the framework of a binding offer in written form, via E-mail for example, for quotation requests outside of the online shopping basket system, which can be printed out or saved electronically in a secure manner.
4. Main features of the product or service
The key features of the goods and/or services can be found in the respective quote.
5. Prices and payment arrangements
5.1 The prices mentioned in the respective offers represent total prices, as do the shipping costs. They include all the price components, including all the incidental taxes.
5.2 The dispatch costs that are incurred are not included in the purchase price. They can be viewed by clicking the appropriate button on our website or in the respective quote, are shown separately over the course of the order transaction and must additionally be borne by you, insofar as free delivery is not confirmed.
5.3 The payment methods that are available to you are shown by clicking the appropriate button on our website or are disclosed in the respective quote.
5.4 Unless otherwise specified for the respective payment methods, the payment claims arising from the contract that has been concluded become payable immediately.
6. Delivery conditions
6.1 The delivery conditions, delivery date and existing supply restrictions, if applicable, can be found by clicking the appropriate button on our website or in the respective quote.
6.2 If you are a consumer, the following is statutorily regulated: The risk of the sold item accidentally being destroyed or degraded during shipping only passes over to you when the item in question is delivered, regardless of whether or not the shipping operation is insured. This condition does not apply if you have independently commissioned a transport company that has not been specified by us or a person who has otherwise been appointed to execute the shipping operation.
If you are a businessman, the delivery and shipping operations take place at your own risk.
7. Statutory warranty right
7.1 The liability for defects associated with our goods is geared towards the ‘Warranty’ provision in our standard business terms (part I).
7.2 As a user, you are requested to promptly check the product for completeness, visible defects and transport damage as soon as it is delivered, and promptly disclose your complaints to us and the shipping company in writing.Even if you do not comply with this request, it shall have no effect on your legal warranty claims.
These General Terms and customer information were created by the lawyers specialising in IT law who work for the Händlerbund, and are constantly checked for legal conformity. Händlerbund Management AG guarantees the legal security of the texts and assumes liability in case warnings are issued. More detailed information can be found on the following website: http://www.haendlerbund.de/agb-service.